If you’ve effectively followed your financial plan whilst working and building your wealth, you should be able to enjoy the kind of retirement you’ve always wanted.
During this ‘spending’ phase of retirement, you’re more likely to have the time and energy to do all of the things that you couldn’t do whilst working. Travelling, visiting new places, playing sports, or watching it in action (instead of via the TV), spending time with the grandchildren…these are the types of activities that our clients enjoy once they’ve retired, or semi-retired.
However, it’s important to make sure that this spending stays on track. Circumstances can change for better or worse. You may inherit some wealth and be unsure of how to best use it. Or you might want to help a family member with a big-ticket purchase but worry about the dent it will make in your savings. And of course, investments will always go down and well as up. In all circumstances, the over-riding concern of clients in retirement is ’will I have enough to see me through?’
This is where we can help. We will:
- Meet you in person and discuss your current situation and what you want to achieve.
- Use cash-flow and lifestyle planning to identify where you are now financially, and where you want to be.
- Gather all of the information regarding your pensions and investments, and any outstanding mortgages or loans to get a full picture of your current financial health.
- Put together a plan which will help to ensure that your finances are protected, providing you with the clarity and confidence you need to enjoy your lifestyle now and in the future.
- Regularly review your plan. We know that things change! So it’s important to review your plan and make sure that it’s still working in your current situation and future plans.
To find out how we can help you, please get in touch.